Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LIFE

Living In Full Effectiveness

As this day of my birth comes to a close for an entire year, I sit here pondering and reminiscing on what has helped shaped the Ileva I am today.  Like anyone else, I've been on numerous rollercoaster rides - but have also encountered and experienced many smooth sails.  With the wind in my hair, the rushing breeze against my cheeks, or the ever expanding horizon in view and smell of the fresh ocean spray - I find that I always have the same tools available to me, in stormy and calm weather.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

Always within reach, either in print or on my cellular device - they never change.  How often do we find ourselves looking to this resource for guidance and upliftment?  It is so nice to know that we all have our own personal hand book that can be applied anywhere through this journey of mortality to enable our strength in returning home.  If we only treated it like we do our cell phones - using it for constant communication, rushing back home to retrieve it if forgotten, knowing every piece of information within it, supplying it with a secure cover for protection, recharging it every night, having every single person know about it, regularly checking for an answer, identifying every scratch and smudge, trusting the GPS system for safe and fast travels, and becoming upset every single time we accidently drop it.  Not only do I need to trust in His written word, but He has trusted in me to use and apply them 24/7.

Jesus, Others, You

It has taken me a long time to realize that loneliness is never a human being's first choice.  I am not very drawn to an activity or place of many people, which sometimes leads me to becoming vey reclusive and often leading to forcing myself into my own solitary confinement.  I know - this is unhealthy.  We all need people to survive, and most importantly - we need Christ.  Without Him, we will be impeccably incapable of doing anything we currently do.  They say that those who are married and have children, have longer lasting and happier lives in comparison to those without an eternal companion and no children.  Happiness is contagious - therefore, making you a host and a victim.  It effects everyone you come into contact with and is more affective when it begins with JOY. 

Forget About Me, I Love You

My family are and always will be a source of comfort.  These people do not only include who I call mother, father, brother, and sister - but also all those who I've met along the way that have made life easier to bear.  My friends are the family that God let me pick while here on earth and blood couldn't make us any closer.  We would be completely lost without the family unit, as Christ's church is strongest when in complete unity with all of God's children.  It starts with being selfless, forgetting ourselves, and being of service to one another out of love.

Not
Another
M
E

My name is Ileva - the only one I know.  I was born on May 25th 1990 at 5:45pm, in Greenlane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand.  I am 21 years old.  I am half Tongan, quarter Samoan, and quarter Maori.  I am one of six children - the third child and third daughter to my mother.  I attend Arizona State University and am majoring in Psychology.  I want to be a Criminal Profiler.  My favorite colors are egg plant purple and bright yellow.  I have a love for music and writing.  I used to be a fan of cats before I became allergic.  I am a chocoholic.  I like to play rugby.  I love the sounds of baby laughter.  I always wear jewlry.  I never leave the house without perfume and lip gloss.  I hate grocery shopping.  Making new friends is one of my favorite hobbies.  I like to hold children.  I sleep best in sunlight.  I love the feel of clean sheets.  I like the smell of a bedroom belonging to a new born baby.  I like hugs.  I like playing in the rain and puddles.  My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz.  I am sometimes a little OCD.  I like to fold laundry.  I hate vacuuming and mopping.  I know some of the greatest people known to man.  I am discovering happiness.  I am blessed to know what I know.  I know God lives.  I know Christ is my Savior.  I love my family. 
This is a part of who I am ---- I am who I am today because of the JOY I find in LIFE.

Love Overcomes Virtually Everything

Have you started LIFE?

No comments:

Post a Comment